Take a look at the design teams Waterfront Toronto works with to envision and elevate our waterfront communities.
Through its commitment to design excellence, Waterfront Toronto has brought together some of the most highly regarded planners, architects, designers and landscape architects in the world to help envision and elevate our waterfront communities. Together, we are creating a new gold standard by which all other communities will be judged.
east bayfront design teams
- East Bayfront Precinct Plan: Koetter Kim & Associates in association with Phillips Farevaag Smallenberg and Urban Strategies Inc.
- Sherbourne Common: Phillips Farevaag Smallenberg in association with The Planning Partnership
- Canada’s Sugar Beach : Claude Cormier + Associés in association with The Planning Partnership
- Water’s Edge Promenade and Queens Quay Public Realm: West 8 and du Toit Allsopp Hillier (DTAH)
- Monde Condominiums (formerly Parkside): Great Gulf Group (developer), Moshe Safdie and Associates in association with Quadrangle Architects Limited
- Bayside: Hines (developer), Pelli Clarke Pelli; Ehrenkrantz Eckstut & Kuhn Architects; and Adamson Associates
- George Brown College Health Science Campus: George Brown College (developer), Stantec Architecture and Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects
- Corus Quay: City of Toronto and Toronto Economic Development Corporations (developer), Diamond and Schmitt Architects Inc.
- Aitken Place Park: Scott Torrance Landscape Architect Inc. with Thomas Balsley Associates – lead designers
west don lands design teams
- West Don Lands Precinct Plan and Block Plans: Urban Design Associates and du Toit Allsopp Hillier
- West Don Lands Public Realm and Urban Design Teams: The Planning Partnership, Phillips Farevaag Smallenberg
- Corktown Common (formerly Don River Park): Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates and du Toit Allsopp Hillier
- Underpass Park: Phillips Farevaag Smallenberg, The Planning Partnership
- River City: Urban Capital (developer), Saucier + Perrotte Architects, ZAS Architects
- Toronto Community Housing Development: CORE Architects and Scott Torrance Landscape Architect
- 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games Athletes' Village: Dundee Kilmer Development Ltd.
- Canary District: Dundee Kilmer Developments a partnership of Dundee Realty Corporation and Kilmer Van Nostrand. The architect team consists of aA (Architects Alliance), Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects (KPMB), Daoust Lestage Inc. and MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects
port lands design teams
- Lower Don Lands Framework Plan: Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates Inc., in association with Greenberg Consultants, Ltd. Urban Designers, MSME Architects, Henry Bardsley/RFR Bridge Designers
- Keating Channel Precinct Plan and Urban Design Guidelines: Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates Inc., in association with Greenberg Consultants, Ltd. Urban Designers, MSME Architects, Henry Bardsley/ RFR Bridge Designers
- Tommy Thompson Park Improvements: Montgomery Sisam Architects Inc.
- Master Plan for Lake Ontario Park: Field Operations
- Cherry Beach Improvements: Schollen & Company
- Cherry Beach Sports Fields: EnVision (the fields) and Montgomery Sisam Architects Inc. (the washrooms)
- Leslie Street Greening: EnVision
central waterfront design teams
- Central Waterfront Master Plan: West 8 and du Toit Allsopp Hillier
- Wavedecks: West 8 and du Toit Allsopp Hillier
- York Quay Revitalization Phase I (York and John Quay Promenade): Architects Alliance in association with Greenberg Consultants and ENVision
- York Quay Revitalization Phase II (underground garage and Canada Square): Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates Inc., in association with Beyer Blinder Belle and James Carpenter
- Lower Yonge Precinct: Perkins Will (Urban Design Guidelines) and ARUP (Transportation Master Plan)
- Martin Goodman Trail Enhancements at Ontario Place: Janet Rosenberg and Associates
- Martin Goodman Trail Improvements in East Bayfront: West 8 + DTAH
- Marilyn Bell Park Improvements: Victor Ford and Associates Landscape Architects
- Port Union Waterfront Park: Shoreplan Engineering Ltd., PMA Landscape Architects, Ganawa Company and Brown & Co.
- Mimico Waterfront Park: Shoreplan Engineering Ltd., Cosburn Nauboris Ltd., and Brown & Co.
- The Bentway (formerly Project: Under Gardiner): Greenberg Consultants Inc. and PUBLIC WORK