Join our Team
Imagine working with Waterfront Toronto and helping to bring to life the most advanced revitalization project in the world, and to put Toronto at the forefront of global cities in the 21st century.
Waterfront Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and we are always looking for talented people to join our team to help us transform the waterfront into beautiful and sustainable new communities and parks, fostering economic growth in creative industries, and ultimately defining how the city, province and country are perceived by the world.
If you are interested in becoming part of this dynamic organization and welcome a challenging work environment, please contact:
20 Bay Street, Suite 1310
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2N8
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your résumé will be kept on file for six months.
Current employment opportunities
Available opportunities will be posted here. Please continue to check back here for updates.
Waterfront Toronto Employment Initiative
The Waterfront Toronto Employment Initiative (WTEI) connects unemployed and underemployed Torontonians to the employment and training opportunities generated by waterfront revitalization projects.
The initiative is a collective that includes the City of Toronto's Employment and Social Services division and local service providers George Brown College, Dixon Hall, YMCA of Greater Toronto, the Consortium of Agencies Serving Internationally-trained Persons (CASIP), the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA), Youth Employment Partnerships (YEP) and the Central Ontario Building Trades' (COBT) Hammer Heads program.
The program was initiated at the suggestion of the West Don Lands Committee, a coalition of waterfront community associations.
How WTEI works
WTEI increases access to employment opportunities by working with both employers and job seekers.
Waterfront Toronto encourages its partners, including developers, contractors and consultants, to participate in WTEI by sharing job opportunities as they become available and to work with the WTEI in cases where customized hiring strategies would be appropriate. Employment opportunities at Waterfront Toronto are also promoted through WTEI.
In addition to sharing job opportunities, organizations can get involved in WTEI by participating in career information sharing and networking events, mentorship programs, and sector-based workforce development training initiatives associated with WTEI and its local service providers.
Building on the program's success, WTEI is now supporting businesses from a wide range of fields both in the waterfront area and across Toronto.
WTEI supports employers by:
- Working with employers to understand their hiring requirements and preferences, which in turn, will inform the development and implementation of customized recruitment and training plans.
- Providing support to employers (where possible and appropriate) to maximize their participation in WTEI. Examples of employer support could include referring pre-screened candidates for available opportunities or, where available, connecting employers with financial incentive programs.
- Creating a centralized access point for connecting employers with a qualified candidate pool that has been prepared to specifically meet the employer’s needs.
If you are an employer and would like to take part in the Waterfront Toronto Employment Initiative, please call 416-214-1344.
For job seekers
WTEI supports job seekers through the participating service providers by:
- Providing supported access to the diverse job opportunities generated through the projects on the waterfront and with participating organizations across Toronto.
- Providing appropriate and accessible employment services through established service providers.
- Strengthening qualifications and skills to match what the employer is looking for.
- Building the skills required to effectively find and compete in job competitions (e.g. resume development, interviewing, networking, company researching, etc.).
- Where relevant and possible, building partnerships with related unions and/or professional affiliations.
- Providing post-hire job retention support, including on-going career development supports.
If you are unemployed or underemployed and feel you would benefit from the support and training offered through the Waterfront Toronto Employment Initiative please visit WTEI Employment Opportunities System website.
The WTEI is a community-based initiative aimed at building on the strengths of existing service providers. If you are a non-profit or government-funded service provider and would like to be a part of the Waterfront Toronto Employment Initiative, please contact James Lapierre at firstname.lastname@example.org.